Sekkei Studio is a Full-Service Digital Agency based in Shanghai, Paris and Hong Kong. Our team of experts is here for you, to meet all your marketing, design and development needs. If you are looking for Hong Kong SEO services either on Google or any Chinese platforms, our staff and expertise can help you maximize your online activities. Sekkei Studio is independent, results-driven and dedicated to the notion that your work, ideas and voice should be heard onto the Hong Kong market.
How to do Hong Kong SEO
1. Choose the Proper Domain Name
At the beginning of a website construction, choosing a suitable domain name is a must. The value of the domain name is significant and should not be ignored for SEO.
- The older the domain name, the better: The length of your domain name registration is one of the factors that affect the ranking. The website will have better ranking results if the domain name has been registered for a long time.
- The domain name is easy to remember: One of the characteristics of an excellent domain name is the ease of memorizing it. Make sure your domain name is hard to forget.
- The shorter the domain name, the better: A short and memorable domain name must be considered as an important feature.
- The domain name contains keywords. It will not help improving the ranking. However, it can clearly make visitors understand your website theme and positioning.
Domain names must be short, so that search users can feel the importance of the domain name. On the other hand, many companies tend to adopt short pinyin, and more people are willing to choose the .com suffix, thus providing more familiarity for users.
2. Learn Keywords Mining
Keywords mining is one of the most important actions in Baidu SEO planning for a website. We must select the most valuable keywords, which provide better choices for the targeted audience. At the same time, we must also grasp the situation of the competitors, analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of the keywords according to their own businesses.
An excellent SEOer should pay attention to the process of keyword mining and utilization:
- Mine the long tail keywords with extremely high conversion rate.
- Use keywords related to your business to avoid cross-industry operations
- Don’t blindly chase for popular words, they are difficult to work with.
3. Website Structure Optimization
The layout of the website can directly affect both the search engine and user’s experiences. If the structure of the website is unreasonable, it will not only influence the crawling of the search engine, but also directly affect the user’s reading and browsing behaviors.
An excellent Hong Kong SEOer must consider the search engine and user’s experiences in the process of structuring the website.
- Improve the search engine experience for better implementation of metatags, URL structure update, etc.
- Create the basic functions: 404 pages, sitemap.xml document, set the Robots.txt files, look for error links/dead links and fix them, etc.
- Focus on the user’s experience: it is necessary to study the user’s reading and click behaviors.
4. Continuous Update of High-Quality Content
High-quality content will be seen as a focus by search engines both now and in the future. Whether it is a new site or an old site, the quality of the content must be strictly controlled as it affects visitors’ behaviors on the website. In the process of updating high-quality content, the relevance of the content, its timeliness, richness, and the ad placement must be observed.
Only through high-quality content can the product information be fully exposed to the user and attract more readers, thus generating leads, then finally improve and achieve conversions.
What kind of content is considered high-quality content?
- User-centric and based on content value rather than target keywords.
- Unique, professional and comprehensive introduction compared to competitor websites.
- Perfect user experience: the matching of visual content leads to the trustworthiness of the website.
5. Continuous Construction of High-Quality External Links
What is a high-quality external link? From the user’s point of view, it is an external chain that links up with the valuable content on other websites. The following points need to be considered:
- The links need to be related to the content of the external chain platform.
- They need to bring effective clicks to the external chain platform.
- The external chain platform is useful if it is authoritative.
- The other website has high-quality and sincere recommendations.
- The links to other external chain websites need to be diversified.